Friday 7 January 2011

Wandering through the desert

 Today I was flicking through the new vogue and talking to my ma on the telephone and noticed their spread about a supposed trend 'Modern Craft'. I liked some of the pieces but to me they have got totally the wrong end of the stick. A couple of years ago, maybe 2009? they did a shoot in a desert and it was hazy and brilliant and totally what I would envisage for all the fringy textures, it was divine. I played with this idea in my outfit choice today but gave it more of a European twist rather than Americanna. This mainly being because a piece of tye dye (however much topshop try and sell it to me) CAN NEVER touch my body, so I swopped it for paisley and it ended up being a sort of weird amalgamation of cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment