Tuesday 31 May 2011

Central Saint Martins BA Show 2011

Ok sorry about the imaginative titling, my brain has just been fashion fried but in a good way. The show as Ed and I would say was 'totes amaze'. My favourite collections were mostly from print (but thats probably just me being aesthetically biased),  menswear however, was also really exciting.

My favourite favourite collection, and I pretty much decided this from when I saw it at the internal show, and you can see nothing there, was from a print student, Momo Wang. It had amazing energy, pretty much everyone in the audience smiled as the models skipped down the runway. It seemed to encapsulate a fun feeling that, I think, fashion can sometimes overlook.  ANYWAY photos are what you want to see most, right?!



 Another of my favourites, again a print student , was from Manami (I don't know their second name !) The collection was dreamy and very childlike. It reminded me of 1960s children's illustrations...
 So enough of print, on to menswear! HORRAY! So for my course we have to follow a student and I got menswear student, Kopi Akasaka. I'm so happy as I  love love his work! Its beautifully made, he is so precise, its amazing. I especially love the cuts of the coats, in particular the maroon one in the second image.



  The last collection to be shown, I believe a womenswear student, Crimson Rose O'Shea. Amazing textures and fabrics.



So there you go ! A few of the best, there were of course lots more (including a strangely dystopian collection of knitwear..) but I shall have to do another post when my brain is less frazzled !

No comments:

Post a Comment