Tuesday 30 August 2011

Virgin Suicides.


 I found this dress whilst I was rummaging through my wardrobe in Cornwall. It belonged to my mum when she was my age. Though its a little torn and tattered I still love it; the colour, shape and fabric are just perfect. Anyway I packed it up and brought it back to London with me. It had its first outing yesterday to Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair and I teemed it with a plait, tied with a length of ribbon that Michael gave me and a vintage brooch from a carboot!

I was reminded whilst wearing it of some pictures a friend, Hayley Brown, took a few years ago. It was based on The Virgin Suicides and if you'll excuse my questionable haircut then they are quite lovely !




1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love finding clothes that belong/ed to my mum. Your dress here is a treasure - like finding gold hidden away at the back of the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete