Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tea for one



My mum sent me these two lovely gold cups and saucers last week and today felt the perfect day to sample tea and cake from them. So I baked a lemon drizzle (the perfect cake to cheer up a rainy day) and put on my most ladylike shirt and hat. I really love this shirt, I purchased it in Poland, it took me along time deciding whether to buy but I'm so glad I did; it makes me think of Miss Havisham. The hat was made by mother for my last birthday and its seemed the perfect accompaniment to my tea drinking!

*if you would like to try baking this delight for yourself, its extremely simple.. 6oz of butter, sugar & self raising flour, 3 eggs, a tsp of baking powder, 2 lemons, splosh of milk. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the flour and eggs and whisk. Add the zest of 1 lemon.  Add a little splosh of milk. Bake at 180degrees for 25 mins. For the topping melt 4oz sugar in to the juice of 1 lemon, prod the the cake all over and cover. Zest some lemon on top ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment