Monday 21 May 2012

Yodelling in the hills


More photos from under the bed. Taken again when I was 16, these were for my final collage art exam. My mum made the dress and styled my hair in to this fetching plait and the paintings in the first two photographs are both by her (what a multi-talented lady she is). My project was based on dolls and camouflage, so here I am doing a selection doll poses and facial expressions, trying to blend in to the background (I'm actually currently re-visiting this theme having just read Baudrillard's The System of Objects, and his discussion of simulacra and simulation)
 On re-discovering these photographs I also found the dress, so maybe that will also make a re-appearance sometime soon.

Lally



1 comment:

  1. What a great find under the bed - and a great project too. You remind me of Truly Scrumptious in Chitty Chitty Bang BAng - the clockwork doll scene (which has just reminded me how terrified I used to be of the child-catcher scene!)

    ReplyDelete